Avidemux – Splitting x265 without re-encodingMarch 14, 2023
Splitting and merging x265 without re-encoding
The easiest way to split, merge an x265 based video is using an application called avidemux which is free and best too with the lots of options to edit an video through its filters options.
Steps to Split x265 Videos without re-encoding Avidemux
- Add the video which needs to be split in the avidemux application.
- Use the markers to get your desired clip timings.
- In Video and Audio output let it be selected to copy.
- You can change the output format to any of your choice either mkv or mp4 which does not have any impact on conversion.
Features of the software
- Can convert almost any video format to and fro.
- Filters includes cropping, adding logo, transition effects and much more
- Includes support for GPU based encoding to enable faster encoding speeds through the graphic cards this feature will be very useful as CPU based encoding consumes lots of time especially for x264 or HEVC.